I am hopeless at housework ok

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Again i will say and i ashamed to say it - IAM HOPELESS AT HOUSEWORK, my cousin's wife pointed "out" a few things in the house said better I Get some one to help to do the house work which now we do and the woman for the last few months or so is doing an AMAZING JOB.

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Worriedson, you have enough to do and always make sure you do your best for your mum, am so pleased you got someone in who sounds a real gem:)
Take care
Chris

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Housework is not my favourite thing either. At least you have someone to do it!

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Housework is not my favourite thing either. At least you have someone to do it!

I can hold my hand up and sadly say iam pathetic at housework.:(

And that i had to get help for someone to do it on my cousins wifes advice.

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
I don't think its a failing - you're too hard on yourself. We all have things we aren't good at and sometimes it does take someone else to point it out.

It is sorted now - and well done for getting someone in - don't beat yourself up!

Kathphlox

Dec 16, 2009
Bolton
Don't worry about it, I was magnificent at housework when I was younger, I cleaned the whole house through every week.

Now I'm almost 65, I do what bothers me, because I just can't do that stuff any more.. I wipe over the bathroom every day (usually when I pop in there to spend a penny) with an e-cloth, occasionally spray the anti-bac around, I use anti-bac wipes in there too, it takes only a few minutes if you do it regular.

Pledge dusters for the stuff you can write your name in.. I only spend at the most 15 - 20 minutes a day on housework now.. a little bit every day when I feel energetic, if I don't.. tough!

Glad you got help. why struggle :)

zeeeb

I am terrible at housework. I like to blame the mess on my kids and partner, but, seriously, i hate it. It is so boring, and unsatisfying, relentless. I turn my back, for just a second, and there's more work. If it were only my mess, i'd be able to hold my own, but I just have no hope of ever keeping up. My only hope, is training my kids to clean their own mess up to relinquish myself of the load. Either that, or shut the doors so I don't have to look at the mess. I'm desperate to become a full time working mum, so I can justify a cleaner.

I have no clue how people keep a beautiful, pristine home, no clue!

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Housework :eek:

I worked full time for years so my husband could do the housework. Hate it? Absolutely. Its a fruitless task, it never ends, no one is thankful and no one notices. Pointless.

BUT now I do the housework and I actually get a lot done because of MIL here. I don't go to work so have no excuse. It also keeps the smell down from MIL. I can whiz around the house. We have wooden floor boards so that makes it easy. I chuck everything that's not being used to keep the surfaces clear. MIL used to say our house is very clinical. She's not far wrong there. Oh and of course lots of little things are hidden from MIL so that helps to declutter the rooms

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I wouldn't say I enjoy it, and there are things I'd far rather be doing, but I do keep on top of it because I like a reasonably clean house. Not obsessively clean, but just clean.

I try to keep the place tidy, I'm always picking up after myself, daughter and hubby, because I feel if the place looks clutter free, you don't have to actually clean it too often! And when you do come to do it, it doesn't take as long if it's tidy to start with.

Of course, it helps that I only work part-time, have no very young children, do not look after a dementia sufferer 24/7 like many of you do, and have a lovely hubby who knows how to use the washing machine and iron and does so, regularly!

My dad has a cleaner now. Looking after mam takes all his time and energy, there's nothing left over for housework. I used to do bits for him every time I visited, but he didn't really want me to.

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
I never ironed perfectly enough for my teenage sons, so they both taught themselves to iron. One of them now does the ironing in his household every Sunday and has done for many years. He is now nearing 50

I may not have taught them everything about housework, but at least I got the ironing right.

Jeannette

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
Absolutely you got it right. My hubby fantastic with helping or doing anything I ask him to do housework wise. But he is puzzled why I change the beds weekly :eek:

rajahh

Aug 29, 2008
Hertfordshire
Think Miss Merlot means worried son who started the thread. He was basically saying how pleased he was at the person who comes in.

Jeannette

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch