Husbands Dementia

Katie 3238

Jan 15, 2024
Hi I’m Cath and my husband as vascular dementia he’s only 53 and a year ago he got diagnosed. I’m finding it really hard as he seems to be getting worse each day. I just need to talk about it and explain how I feel.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
A welcome to Dementia Support Forum @Cath jones. You'll find this a very friendly and supportive place. When you feel ready you might like to start a thread in the I care for a person with dementia forum as you'll find lots of good advice there.
I wonder if this fact sheet might help you find some practical support in your area.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello Cath @Cath jones and welcome to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, and members really do want to help.
I am sorry to read about your Husband. He is so young too - It's so tough for you. This horrible disease can result in a slow deterioration of a loved one, and sometimes more rapid. I hope you are getting some support yourself.
This is a great place to reach out and ask questions. I hope you will, as there is total understanding here. Or just write down on here how you're feeling. It can help