1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

husband end of life, fearful of visiting

Discussion in 'End of life care' started by Wilburdoo, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Wilburdoo

Wilburdoo Registered User

Aug 9, 2017

2. Wilburdoo

Wilburdoo Registered User

Aug 9, 2017
    Thanks to all of you on this forum. I don’t feel as though I am on my own. He’s at peace now. God bless him.

3. Amy in the US

Amy in the US Registered User

Feb 28, 2015
    USA
    I am sorry to hear your sad news. Please accept my condolences.

4. LynneMcV

LynneMcV Volunteer Moderator

May 9, 2012
    south-east London
    Please accept my sincere condolences too. Sending you strength for the difficult period ahead. Know that we are here for you.

5. Jale

Jale Registered User

Jul 9, 2018
    Female
    So sorry for your loss, take care x

6. KathrynAnne

KathrynAnne Registered User

Jun 6, 2018
    Female
    South Yorkshire
    Thinking of you at this sad time @Wilburdoo and hope you find strength in knowing your dear husband is at peace now xxx

7. Herewego

Herewego Registered User

Mar 9, 2017
    #27 Herewego, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2019
    So sorry for your loss Wilburdoo :( Virtual Hugs

My husband too was only diagnosed in May 2017 (already moderate at that time) and has now been in a Nursing Home since Dec 14th and has been severe since at least the summer of 2018. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's but I am convinced he had Lewy Body as he had all the symptoms. I got a call this evening to say they had called the Dr and my husband had a low grade fever and while there was no obvious reason they have put him onto a broad spectrum antibiotic. When you feel up to it, I would find it helpful to understand a little about your husband's journey over the past few months/weeks (or if you have already posted about this where I can find the thread).

My husband's journey over the past 6 month's has been (or perhaps just appears to be?) ever so fast and his move to care came sooner and faster than I expected. Now I am wondering and trying to prepare myself and in turn my children for what is inevitably ahead. The children are certainly not ready for the next chapter - guess I am not yet either but am doing what I need to in order to try to prepare myself but I have lots of questions and not many answers.

8. Ostrich63

Ostrich63 Registered User

Jul 9, 2018
    I sorry to hear your news, he is at peace. How are you? Do you have any support?