husband end of life, fearful of visiting

Wilburdoo

Aug 9, 2017
Thanks to all of you on this forum. I don’t feel as though I am on my own. He’s at peace now. God bless him.

Herewego

Mar 9, 2017
Thank you for your kind thoughts Izzy. The suffering has now stopped thank god. He was only diagnosed in August 2017. So for him it has been pretty quick but the carehome was a 100% he had Parkinson’s as well which would have made it worse for him.

So sorry for your loss Wilburdoo :( Virtual Hugs

My husband too was only diagnosed in May 2017 (already moderate at that time) and has now been in a Nursing Home since Dec 14th and has been severe since at least the summer of 2018. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's but I am convinced he had Lewy Body as he had all the symptoms. I got a call this evening to say they had called the Dr and my husband had a low grade fever and while there was no obvious reason they have put him onto a broad spectrum antibiotic. When you feel up to it, I would find it helpful to understand a little about your husband's journey over the past few months/weeks (or if you have already posted about this where I can find the thread).

My husband's journey over the past 6 month's has been (or perhaps just appears to be?) ever so fast and his move to care came sooner and faster than I expected. Now I am wondering and trying to prepare myself and in turn my children for what is inevitably ahead. The children are certainly not ready for the next chapter - guess I am not yet either but am doing what I need to in order to try to prepare myself but I have lots of questions and not many answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa