howling at the moon

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
mojofilter said:
Jennifer's right Jonathan, If I hadn't have laughed I would have been in a heap on the flower crying my eyes out.
Paul

That's either a very big flower or you're a very small person :D

Lonestray

Aug 3, 2006
Hereford
Father and son mix

Paul, Just maybe your Mom is seeing you as your Dad, I'd be inclined to say: "He came in a while ago, but I told him to be off to bed and not be worring your Mom, staying out late."
When I got my wife up for lunch to-day I could see by her expression she was in times past. Although she hasn't spoken in over three years, I mentioned her place of work (15yrs ago) and some of her friends by name. When she became emotional: "It's OK they have gone home you'll see them to-morrow." This method seems to calm her. Good luck and God bess. Padraig

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dramatist said:
I haven't yet got to the stage where I can laugh! It just seems so overwhelmingly shattering at the moment!

Dear Jonathon, I am embarrassed at some of my early posts here (no, I don't even dare look back!!! - and that was NOT an invitation to anyone to remind me!!!!:p )

Overwhelmed??? Desperate??? Angry??? Despairing???? Yep. That's me today, still. But you wouldn't want to know 'Overwhelmed/deperate/angry/despairing' me pre - TP!!!!

I really have learnt to smile about things, sometimes (other times, yep the same things can just trigger the tears).....

I am not saying you HAVE to laugh .... but if you are the sort of person it helps, then the good-natured humour here is unbelievable!!!! What I love, too, is the generosity of people like Paul and many others here - who share their humour ... I know I can come here on a 'dark day' and find someone else's news or interpretation of their events really lifts my own spirits..... I hope you, too, can find that soon.....

(And we're all here to help with the bad stuff, too!!)

Much love, Karen (TF), x

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
You have to laugh

When i worked at a mental hospital many years ago we nurses said we have to laugh or we would be crying. Also you had to learn not to take your work home with you!!One patient was heard to say it was so noisy in the night she thought she was in the mad house:eek:

Cynron x x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Jonathan
I expect you thought some of us were being a bit flippant.....but ,for me,its the only way I can cope.....to try and see the funny side of a very un-funny situation.....otherwise if I stop and think too much I would be so unhappy ....and I can't afford to do that.......I'd never get out of bed each day!!!.....
Love

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Jonathan

I think Wendy's signature says it all!

Everyone on TP has experienced AD in some form or other and i think if we can keep our humour through all the heartache then that has to be good for us all.

Yes it can be shattering.............and a lot of us have been there too, but i don't think anyone is poking fun at the sufferer, we are just coping with it in different ways!

Kind regards
Alex

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare