How do I tell my husband he is going into a nursing home?

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you all for some very useful replies.

I am worried about formal complaint with my OH living in the home. I think I'll try making friends and influencing people. Any suggestions?
Yes, take a notepad, write down your questions like what time is tea or whatever and then write down the answers in front of them. It looks official as well as being useful. Gxxx

Joyt

Jun 30, 2018
This is a very helpful thread for me. You are a month or so ahead of me in making the decision to use a care home and I’m still thinking I can manage a bit longer. But I am so tired with disturbed nights and all the rest.
I hadn’t thought about waiting lists so thanks for that at least. I’m still at the planning for respite.

teetoe

Mar 10, 2016
NSW, Australia
I am also finding this very useful, as I am looking into CH's now for the future, and wondering how on earth I would go about it, and how awful to leave him there - it is so good to read of everyone's experiences thanks.

imsoblue

Feb 19, 2018
@KFIN I think our OH's went in a CH about the same time. You can read my thread at imsoblue. Your thread has helped me in my dilemma also. Thank you and others for the comments.

Abinat58

Jan 2, 2024
This post could have been written by me. I’m just wondering what the situation is now and how he settled in. Please respond.