Home alone!!

buck

Oct 3, 2011
St Austell. Cornwall
my time on this site is ended.after only a few years of the dreaded dementia. The love of my life has departed to a better place.
i have escaped the ravages that a lot of you wonderful people have to go through
as Joyce was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer on the 20/2/12 with the Doc saying may be 9months. she died on the 20/3/12 at home very peacefully.
after a short 15 years of joy and happiness i am now at a loss as to how dos one fill the hole that is left. All the things and places we were going to go and do??
the careing that is the centre of our lives gone!!
my thoughts are with you god bless and thank you for this website and all who have to use it .

Peter.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Peter,
I am so sorry to read about your loss. It must leave a huge gap after all the time you have spent caring for your beloved Joyce. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult time.

Jan x

Last edited:

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
my time on this site is ended.after only a few years of the dreaded dementia. The love of my life has departed to a better place.
i have escaped the ravages that a lot of you wonderful people have to go through
as Joyce was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer on the 20/2/12 with the Doc saying may be 9months. she died on the 20/3/12 at home very peacefully.
after a short 15 years of joy and happiness i am now at a loss as to how dos one fill the hole that is left. All the things and places we were going to go and do??
the careing that is the centre of our lives gone!!
my thoughts are with you god bless and thank you for this website and all who have to use it .

Peter.

Hello Peter

My deepest sympathy to you and your family on the loss of your wife
I was particularly struck by the beginning of your post wher you said
" my time on this site has ended"
If my experience is anything to go by I would implore you to continue , use the
forum as often as you feel the need
I too lost my wife before the extreme ravishes of her alzheimers took hold
, she died of a heart attack nearly two years ago.
Since then I have taken great comfort being able to express my thoughts on TP
I have known that someone on here will have had a similar experience or able to lend a sympathetic ear , and often kind words that , particularly in the early days of my loss , helped me to come to terms with te horrible void left when my wife died
There is something very theraputic to being able to put your thoughts into type
Many many times I have felt very emotionaly sad when I have read over my own words ,but I have also felt a relief that I have been able to express myself
I have three sons , but I live alone and I am the last of my generation alive
TP is also a relief valve , it has become like a host of vertual relatives , who I never see but know I can write to ( and it is very rare to not get a response )
Apart from the forum 'support from other members ' thereis the Tea Room where an enormous range of topics are discussed
One major point in my continuing membership , is the knowledge that I have been
spared the terrible experience so many of the members continue to suffer with partners in advanced stages of dementia
I can feel their sorrow when I read of their worries
I have said it many times , and I truly mean it I am devastated with my own loss but I am truly grateful that I have been spared the prolonged agony like so many members are going through
I think by continuing to be a member of TP it will help you in coming to terms with your loss Please give it a try
It has helped me , and I am sure other members will say the same
My thoughts are with you ,ad I hope to see posts from you in the future
God Bless
jimbo 111

buck

Oct 3, 2011
St Austell. Cornwall
just looking at my post and to see that you have taken the time to reply to it
leaves me with a warm feeling.
here i am a big hard ex soldier ( or so i thought) in tears again, yesterday was a bad day but friends called last night and that helped, as much as finding you having the time to write to a complet strangers heartache message. I didnt realise that once you had ended your involvement you still maintained a connection on here.
I will now keep in contact with the site as jimb111 suggests.
thank you all very much.
Peter

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
Hi Peter

I just wanted to say how sorry i am to read about your lovely wife. the thought of you in tears at the moment is so sad so i am sending you a hug to let you know we are all thinking about you. (big hard ex-soldier or not we all need hugs)

008.gif

Linda xxx

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Peter, I am sorry to read your sad news about Joyce. My sincere condolences.

turbo

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hello Peter, I'm so sorry to hear about Joyce's passing but am relieved for you and her that it was peaceful and at home.

As Jimbo so eloquently said, your time here has not ended because Joyce is gone. You are always welcome here as long as you want to be. One day you may drift away but I'm happy to see that you will keep visiting us.

Butter

Jan 19, 2012
NeverNeverLand
I am very sorry to learn of the death of your wife and I send you my condolences.

I hope you find some comfort in Jimbo's wisdom. And I hope you may find some comfort here in the years ahead.

polly1

Dec 8, 2011
Hampshire
Peter, so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear wife Joyce.
She is in a better place free from suffering. Just close your eyes and she will be there. Just as TP will be there for you for as long as you need us!

With love Maggie XXX

PS Typing this with tears streaming down my face as I know I will have to face what lies ahead, for my dear husband, who is only 57.

buck

Oct 3, 2011
St Austell. Cornwall
thank you linda for the HUG, love the bear.
been out to night with the groupi belong to nice meal and
conversation
have a peacefull night every one. Peter

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Dear Peter,

I am sorry to hear your sad news about your wife.

It must have been such a shock it all happening so quickly, but as you say she and you were spared the worst ravages of dementia, which I guess is a blessing in its own way.

Please do stay here if you find it helpful - I lost my mum 10 months ago, and it has helped me so much to have a place to read and communicate. Just because the "job" of caring is not there anymore, we don't suddenly switch to doing something else. It all takes time to adjust to a new way of living, and sadly as you say, home alone.

I'm pleased your friends are supporting you - and we can support you when they aren't around.

Best wishes x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Peter I'm so sorry to read about the death of your wife. I understand you feeling that she has been saved what this disease may have brought in time. Sending sincere condolences.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved wife, Peter. Don't worry about crying. No shame in crying for a lost spouse. None at all.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Peter,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. This site is a godsend to me even though my husband died 2 years ago and I am now living a happy and fulfilled life again. Strong connections were built with Talking Point during the time of my caring for Alan and I still feel a bond. TP has helped me enormously and without it I doubt I would be living the happy life that I do now.

I'm glad to read that you have been out with friends for food and a natter.