Holiday good times in Wales

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Well done to my wife and greyhound for tackling the climb and steep descent of the Gt Orme on our recent holiday in North Wales, as well as walking part of the Snowdon Miner's Track, exploring towns and gambolling on various beaches. At some points we had a holiday that was almost like old times, apart from the constant need to repeat where we were going, what we were doing etc. Certainly our time away from home helped me to relax and rediscover that the wife I love is still there, somewhere behind the veil of dementia. But, at other times, we weren't in Wales, we should be in Glasgow, the towns were too wet or boring, the beach was too stony, the sand was too soft, and the people we met were idiots ...

The couple from Shropshire that we spoke to most mornings at breakfast never once showed that they thought anything was wrong, despite my wife asking the age of their lurcher several times per day and having no memory of them each new day. Their patience and the welcome given to us at our hotel - and wherever we went around Llandudno - helped to make it about the best holiday I could expect.

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Hi Northumbrian - Great to hear that you had such a good holiday exploring Wales, meeting new people (the Shropshire couple sound lovely), and above all rediscovering the love which shines through in all your posts.

Hope you can have many more holidays.

Lilac x