Hi

LisaW85

May 12, 2024
My mom has Alzheimer’s and is in the final stages of this disease. She has been in a care facility for the last two years. I’m struggling with visiting her. I used to see her 3-4 times a week but it’s gotten so hard to see her slowly decline. Any advice on how to handle this is very much appreciated.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Welcome and thank you for posting from me and I'm sure all of us.
It's so hard waiting for the end to come, rips you into little pieces, Alzheimer's may claim her but if not that then something else would, eventually, life is a terminal condition.
Just enjoy it while you both can, visit when the time is right for you.
As I've said before on here I wouldn't want one of our children to be posting like this over me and I don't mean that in a bad way, they and you need a life too. K

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome @LisaW85 to this friendly and supportive forum.
I am so sorry to learn of your mom's slow decline now. It's tough for sure, and a real heartbreaking rollercoaster. I had the same with my dear mum. Visit only when you feel strong enough, I would suggest. Hold her hand, tell her you love her - they say hearing is possibly the last to go. You don't have to be there 24/7, and if you're not there when she does pass, she will still know you love her, and have always done your best for her.
Wishing you strength at this most difficult time.