Hi

olive1964

Apr 13, 2024
Hi everybody, my name is olive, my mum has dementia. I live in Scotland , mum lives diwn south, so you could say I am caring for her remotely.
Mum is still in her own home with carers 4 times a day , and I have recently had cameras fitted , mainly for night time.
Mums care company changed last year , basically because local council trying ti cut costs.
I am however at my wits end with this company, I am not racist in any way , shape or form, but the carers are on overseas contracts, apart from language issue, there seems to be no real understanding of dementia, the behaviours , how to approach certain situations. I have tried so hard , have done the care plan for them , explained as much as I can , I just dont know which way to turn now. Council not listening to me , I just dont know.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @olive1964

I hope you find the forum helpful.

I sympathise with your complaints but I think care homes are having a hard time finding staff these days and few people born here want the jobs.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome from me also @olive1964 to this friendly and supportive forum.

I am sorry to read about your Mum. It must be so difficult for you, with the distance between you and your Mum.
Similarly, I sympathise with what you are saying, but with the recruitment difficulties there are at the moment, overseas nationals as well as people born in the UK are all doing their best I'm sure to cater for their clients care needs. I can only suggest keep talking with the care company concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Regularman