Hi I am Diane

Diane Peters

Mar 27, 2024
Mum is in a Care home and we are having to sell her home to fund this. My sister and I both have very busy jobs and seem to be spending lots of weekends packing the house up etc. We wondered if it is possible to claim from the money for our time. If it was for mum we would gladly give up any time. However, the money will all go for the home , so we are asking. Thank you xx

McSuffolk

Feb 12, 2023
Dealing with the fallout when a parent is no longer able to manage their affairs can be very costly to the other family members, whether it be in hours of care or organisation, administering the affairs or time spent visiting but I’m not sure that many would impose a charge for this? How would you calculate it?

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Mum is in a Care home and we are having to sell her home to fund this. My sister and I both have very busy jobs and seem to be spending lots of weekends packing the house up etc. We wondered if it is possible to claim from the money for our time. If it was for mum we would gladly give up any time. However, the money will all go for the home , so we are asking. Thank you xx
The money is for your mum’s care so is for your mum. The care home is the facility that provides the care. Just like paying a dentist for the fun of filling your decayed tooth.