help

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Once again thank you all.

I do take my mum out. Most Sundays my dad goes to the pub to watch a football match (as happened last Sunday) and on Tuesday my daughter and I took her out for a coffee for a few hours. It's not that I'm not helping, but as someone said I can't help on demand and also not because my dad won't be a bit firmer and tell her she is going to day care. I even offered to go along this morning and take her there and explain to her why she was going and that she would enjoy it. She does enjoy it and is always fine when she comes off the bus.

I think I'll play it by ear for a bit (bit difficult when his ears won't listen to me).

Anyway, thanks again.

No doubt you'll hear from me again and soon.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
If anyone tried to make her do anything she didn't want to do my mother could always say she'd "rather be dead", and in the end when you've tried all the arguments and all the persuasion, there isn't any answer to that.

It would have been useful if relations and other visitors could have had set times, even if it was only once a month, but no-one could be pinned down in that way, they all had "higher priorities".

Lila

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathy T