HELP!!!!

Andrea M

May 23, 2024
18 months ago my mother (89) died from Alzheimer's so I am very in tune with symptoms and behaviours. My husband is exhibiting cognition difficulties but is in denial. The latest after 12 months decline was to wake up at qam to ask me if we were having lunch soon. He has had a memory test which he scraped through by guessing the date. I feel frustrated and frankly cross he won't admit he has problems. Has anyone else had similar patterns of denial and what did you do about it?

steve333

Jan 12, 2024
If I asked my partner how she feels about being diagnosed with Vascular Dementia she would not have a clue what I was talkning about. You have to try and see things from their perspective, not easy I know. Getting cross is probably not the answer. I know how frustrating caring for someone with Dementia can be. I give her a hug if my Partner becomes agitated. Try that.

Andrea M

May 23, 2024
Thank you. My husband does know what dementia is and understands that at the moment. My aim is to get him support and possibly medication early. I am still very raw from watching my mum die from this horrific disease.

steve333

Jan 12, 2024
Caring for someone with Dementia is very stressful and hard work. Sometimes I get angry at my partner then I tell myself it's not her fault. Life isn't fair, but I know if roles were reversed she would do the same for me.