Help

Sunshine11!

Feb 11, 2022
I feel like I’m drowning. I dread going to see Mum but feel guilty that I do feel like that so I go, smile and try to be ok. I’m tearful and feel like I’m taking it out on my husband. I’ve never felt like this. I don’t know what to do to and the more I read about what’s happening to mum and what will happen, the more it’s dragging me down. I feel like I’m having to be strong for my dad and other family members. I feel like I’m being so self pitying.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
You are not being self-pitying @Sunshine11!. Give yourself a break and don't go and visit for a few days. As for your family try to be as honest with them as you can.
It might also be a good idea not to read too much about what could happen with your mum. Everyone with dementia is different, and not everything you read about here will happen.

suz77

Dec 2, 2023
I feel like I’m drowning. I dread going to see Mum but feel guilty that I do feel like that so I go, smile and try to be ok. I’m tearful and feel like I’m taking it out on my husband. I’ve never felt like this. I don’t know what to do to and the more I read about what’s happening to mum and what will happen, the more it’s dragging me down. I feel like I’m having to be strong for my dad and other family members. I feel like I’m being so self pitying.