help at home

bclark

Feb 15, 2008
greenhithe kent
hi all at TP, i am bringing Alan home next week after 6weeks in emi unit, he has been home for short breaks couple of hours a time, he is less agitated and calmer at moment SS coming this week, i have decided to make up one of small bedrooms, for Alan's room similar to what he had at hospital, he has the occasional accident if he is not reminded where toilet is, so was looking into getting a cover for his mattress, and a mat that warns when someone steps on does the SS help with these products. thanks bclark:)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi, congratulations on getting Alan home, I hope all goes well for you.

What SS will provide depends on the area.

I had to buy kylie sheets for the bed, our SS didn't supply them. They said pads should be enough -- they weren't, by a mile!:eek: But you should ask first, you may be lucky.

Kylies are better than a mattress cover, they go over the sheet, so you don't have to change the whole bed. If you google kylie sheets, you'll find suppliers. (Not just Kylie, you get very different sites!):)

I never had pressure pads, but I think some areas supply them if they think they're necessary. No harm in asking!

All the best,