Hello

didee1

Jan 15, 2024
Hertfordshire
Hi
My name is Deanne I am 52 I have 2 Sons ( from my 1st marriage) and a Step daughter and step son (from my 2nd husband who I have been married to for 20 years this year) between us we have 8 grandchildren. We lost my father-in-law 15 months ago to Alzheimer's and now my mother-in-law (who has mixed Dementia) lives with us. She has been living with us since July 2023.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @didee1 I hope you will find the forum helpful and supportive.

How are you managing having your mother in law living with you? It`s a big undertaking and I hope you are getting some help.

didee1

Jan 15, 2024
Hertfordshire
Hi.
My mother in law and I more like mother and daughter. Her and dad (father-in-law) treated myself and my two boys like their own from the off. Even with that in mind it isn't easy watching someone you love and care about so much, decline and become so different. The shock of it all is how quickly she is declining. I don't think spending 5 nights in hospital in december has helped and geting ill with "bullious pemphigoid" which drives her insane with itching.

didee1

Jan 15, 2024
Hertfordshire
Welcome @didee1 I hope you will find the forum helpful and supportive.

How are you managing having your mother in law living with you? It`s a big undertaking and I hope you are getting some help.
I realise I did not answer your actual question......it's frustrating, hard work at times and mind boggling. Some times i feel resentful......The only actual help I have is my husband when he gets home from work. I have people I can talk to but these people have never been in this situation.
Luckily (?) I no longer work as I gave up my job in a dr's surgery 3 years ago to help my mil look after my fil who had alzheimer's