Hello

Tibb

Dec 24, 2023
Hi my 89 year old husband has finally been diagnosed with dementia after 5 years of me trying to get GP to recognise
it
I have found this forum and feel it would help to share ups and downs
thank 's Tibb

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @Tibb

It does seem to take ages to get a diagnosis. The medics want to explore all other possibilities first. It was the same with my husband but we managed to get a diagnosis after three years.

I hope it will help you to share ups and downs here. There are many of us doing the same.

Your best bet would be to start your own Thread when you are ready in the section I have a partner with dementia. This will help you access your replies and give you a space to refer back to.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Tibb and welcome to this Dementia Support Forum from me also. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.
I am sorry to read of about your husband's recent diagnosis. It's very tough for sure, even if you were half expecting it, which, by the sounds of it you were.
I hope you will find this forum useful for information, and any particular advice if you need it, do just ask, as members here really do want to help. Members here understand which makes the support invaluable, so do keep with us!
It's also good for letting off a bit of steam when you need to!

Tibb

Dec 24, 2023
Hello @Tibb and welcome to this Dementia Support Forum from me also. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.
I am sorry to read of about your husband's recent diagnosis. It's very tough for sure, even if you were half expecting it, which, by the sounds of it you were.
I hope you will find this forum useful for information, and any particular advice if you need it, do just ask, as members here really do want to help. Members here understand which makes the support invaluable, so do keep with us!
It's also good for letting off a bit of steam when you need to!

Tibb

Dec 24, 2023
Thank you I was more than expecting it
I think the forum will help me
sometimes I feel so alone