Hello.

Zxcvbnm

Oct 28, 2021
Hi I am new to this group but happy to be in it.
My father suffers from vascular dementia and I guess I'm his main carer.

Harky

Oct 13, 2021
Hi I am new to this group but happy to be in it.
My father suffers from vascular dementia and I guess I'm his main carer.
I joined a week ago and already found it useful. When we met someone my wife APPEARED normal and I thought people would think i was exaggerating her problem then someone mentioned HOSTESS MODE that they go into. This made it clear to me and told my family about it although they knew she was bad but managed to put on this from. Then when they left, she was a wreck and exhausted with the effort taken. Now that I understand it I'm prepared for it and take steps to ease it for her.
I managed to point someone in the direction of ROBO PET DOGS which has been a godsend for her becoming a companion without the extra hassle of looking after a pet. She thinks it's real and loves it to bits.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @Zxcvbnm
a warm welcome to DTP
post with anything that's on your mind, about your father or being his carer, folk hete are understanding and supportive and it helps to share experiences

Bun

Oct 2, 2021
My husband has vascular dementia. Most people who don't understand dementia, and meet my charming husband, also think, nothing wrong with him. Untill he asks the same question's over again. Bless him. When he was diagnosed 12 years ago, he would talk about his mother who lived to 104 years old. He told me he did this, so he wouldn't look silly. In case he said something wrong. So sad, this terrible condition. Bun