Hello & thank you!

Pescita

Oct 31, 2009
I've been lurking here for a while now but this is my first post. My 79-year-old Mum has vascular dementia (diagnosed just over a year ago) & has been in a residential care home since late August. I've been through some stressful times & emotional peaks & troughs since her diagnosis, but visiting Talking Point has been a massive source of comfort, reassurance & useful information since I discovered it around the time Mum went into the home. I'd like to say a huge thank you to all of you who help so much by sharing your feelings, fears, experiences & knowledge. I will try to give some support in return if I can!

Thanks & hugs to all of you from me x

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Pescita and welcome to Talking Point :)

Glad you decided to sign up and I hope you continue to find the support and help we all need when caring for someone with dementia.

Please post whenever you feel like it, whether you are down and need support or want to share a happy moment :)

Vonny xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Pescita

Welcome to the main forum Pescita and I am glad that you have found Talking Point helpful and supportive.

It sounds like you have been through a big transition in your caring role with mum having gone into a home now and I hope your mum is settled and that you, too, have adjusted:)

I really like your user name, it reminds me of little fish:)

Love and best wishes