Thank you.

DollyM1

Dec 21, 2022
I would like to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their experiences as this has been invaluable in a, helping me to understand what to expect on dad’s journey and b, taking away the guilt we as a family felt when dad had to go into a home.
Dad passed away at lunchtime today with my sister present. All very peaceful and quick. The staff at the home have been wonderful and I can’t thank them enough for their care and compassion.
Signing off now, Laura x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry for your loss @DollyM1. It’s good that your dad’s passing was peaceful.

I’m glad that you found support here on the forum Please remember that you can stay around the forum for support as time moves on. Lots of us have done this.

Wishing you strength.

Lisa F

Dec 12, 2023
My sincere condolences for the loss of your Dad, Dolly. Take comfort that he is now in peace and wasn’t alone on his passing. Hope you can take some time to process all that has happened and think back to the good times you had with him x

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
I would like to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their experiences as this has been invaluable in a, helping me to understand what to expect on dad’s journey and b, taking away the guilt we as a family felt when dad had to go into a home.
Dad passed away at lunchtime today with my sister present. All very peaceful and quick. The staff at the home have been wonderful and I can’t thank them enough for their care and compassion.
Signing off now, Laura x
Hi @DollyM1
Your dad's passing you said "all v peaceful and quick" - one can't ask for a kinder death.
Best wishes.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So sorry for your loss, a peaceful passing is what we all want for our loved ones. Take care

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
Sincere condolences, @DollyM1 . It sounds like your Dad’s passing was peaceful which is all we can ask for. Look after yourself and the rest of your family. I hope that you will find strength together..