Hello im new on here...

nicky67!

May 3, 2024
Hi I saw this forum this evening and have lots of your posts...my Godfather is 78 still works and drives. But just recently he's seemed different to me..I'm do scared I'm.in my 50s and he's my last family member..I feel such sadness. He is sometimes so quiet snd hardly talks and stutters on the phone when he never did before. He can still fo a crossword faster than me but uts little things. Tonight he made a meal for us( he's a grest cook) it was salmon and veg/ potatoes. He served the meal up and didn't realise he'd not cooked the salmon and that it was missing. I laughed it off but I'm crying inside. I'm so scared amd he won't go to the doctor. He also has apathy and withdrawal sometimes...I don't know what to do x thankyou..

nicky67!

May 3, 2024
Is there a helpline that I can phone.? He gets angry and tells that there's nothing wrong with him

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @nicky67! and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our friendly and helpful community of people who have experience of many aspects of dementia. You can ask any questions here or just come to share and let off steam to people who truly understand.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
@nicky67! This is the link that you were asking about, I am sure that you will find them very helpful. Also as suggested please keep posting on the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dryngo