Hello all - Newish member

bobbsterr

May 22, 2023
Hello everyone, just thought I’d say hello. My wife of 44 years was diagnosed with early-stage Alzheimer’s just over a year ago and it has left me devestated. Her condition has slowly worsened and I fear for the future. I do my best, but I’m not the most patient of people and I sometimes become a trifle angry and depressed.

I’m so glad that I came across this forum as it reminds me of just how many people are affected by this awful condition. Take care everyone.

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
Hello bobbsterr. Sorry we have to meet you under these circumstances, but I’m glad you’re finding this forum helpful.

All the best.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome @bobbsterr

I`m glad you decided to post and hope the support I`m sure you will get from other members will help.

We are all too familiar with this awful illness and the stress it puts on carers.

It`s easy to lose patience when you are tired, have so many life changes to adapt to and feel isolated from main society.

On this forum you are one of a peer group, all trying their best and all offering support and wanting to be supported in turn.

I hope you will continue to post, now you have made a start.