Helen and Alan

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Helen,
I'm just catching up again and I'm sorry to hear what you and your daughter have been going through. It's been such a difficult year for you so far.

The lanterns are beautiful and have inspired me.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
This is my song about Alan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngJuQCrsvzA&feature=related

Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Helen

I believe you printed the words to the second song because there were no subtitles on the You Tube clip. :)
Did the songs make you feel sad? Or did they bring back good memories? Or both?
Love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I am finding today is like the agony and the ecstacy Sylvia:):(

I am still not dressed nor washed at nearly 3pm. I think I can allow myself to wallow for once.

I always think of you not being able to hear clearly and so having the printed words are important.

Love

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Helen,
Yes and to me, thank you.
I love the words, and yes you are allow to wallow as much as you like, especially after your late night party where you rather endulged yourselves!!!

I envy you all your wonderful sense of humour. I know I have said that on earlier occassions. I can never think of anything to say or write, your wit comes so quickly and I think naturally and it is a joy to read and participate that way.

Love x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Winnie,

In real life Winnie I am slow on the uptake:eek: I am one of those people that can never remember jokes. Sylvia is someone that can't tell a joke for laughing herself:D:D My dad was the quick witted one and always had a joke or funny remark as quick as lightning.

Alan used to make me laugh such a lot but when he got ill he didn't like me laughing with other people because I don't think he could stand the noise that laughing makes!!

Love

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello again,
My husband still makes me and the carers laugh. I don't know whether he knows he is funny, but he says such funny things at the most funny time. It is mostly single words, but it is just the way he says it and when he says it that has us laughing which he likes, he someties chuckles himself. Those moments are very precious.

Love x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Winnie.

You don`t need to post to share the fun of the Retreat, just come along and enjoy it with us. There is a nice comfy chair with your name on and you can enjoy it from there.
Bring your husband too. he might benefit from a good laugh. They say `Laughter is the best medicine`.

I love being by water but hate being in it. I`ll sit by the pool with a long cool drink and watch everyone shrieking with laughter , as they enjoy the water features Helen has found.
It will be lovely to see carers become carefree , even in a bit of pure escapism.

Love xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Helen, these songs are just beautiful. I have never really listened to Celine Dion before but I really like her voice now.
The words are just perfect.

Izzyx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I can now finally say goodbye to this thread and start afresh. The Yorkshire retreat was a great success in countless ways and just a small part of it was about saying 'goodbye' to Alan with part of the Talking Point family. We had an evening where we sent off Chinese lanterns (100% biodegradable ones) and I will post a photo when I get them. Then the second evening we planted wild flower seeds and it was suggested to us by the retreat host and hostess that we might like to consider planting them in the dry stone wall opposite. It was a wonderful experience and was very satisfying to my spirit:) Here is a picture of some of us planting seeds June 2010.jpg We even sang Cry Me A River in the middle of the road.

I feel very blessed. Alan was valued and loved by Talking Point during his life and after his departure. Thank you - each and every one of you:)

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen, it was a wonderfull way to say our goodbyes to Alan and i was very touched by the simplicity and the love that was sent up to the sky and into the Earth . I shall remember that evening for ever. love to all Pam

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Helen,
I am so pleased you all had a lovely retreat. It is wonderful to think that so many of you from TP have made real friends from your sorrow.

I love the way you said good-bye to Alan, how fitting and I am truly pleased you had your friends with you to make it extra special.

Your retreat sounds fantastic altogether and will have done you all so very good.

love to you all. x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Helen:

It was a wonderful goodbye to Alan. I was fortunate to meet Alan last September so this seed planting was very special and I felt privileged to be part of it. The sky lanterns were different and again wonderful to share with everyone.

God Bless Alan and you also Helen.
Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Kassy and Winnie,

The retreat was small in number (8) because we all needed rooms for single occupancy and there were only 8 rooms in the whole place. The owners usually have 17-20 people staying but they let us have the whole place to ourselves and he extended our stay by two half days at no extra charge. It was just meant to be. However, in our hearts we always wanted to include other TP members but, sadly, this couldn't be.

However, we have another real retreat to see a London show in January next year which is open to ANY TP MEMBER subject to reading the safety thread that Katherine has posted as we will use a big London hotel and can get as many rooms and tickets for the show at this early stage. If you want to come just read through that thread in the tea room.

Love

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Helen thank you for letting me share this experience with you im sure Allen was looking down on us and i know he would have loved it love Larivy

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I loved reading about your goodbye to Alan and know he was there in spirit enjoying it with you, the sky lanterns are a wonderful idea, so glad you had some of your TP friends with you, love Pauline xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellieann