Helen and Alan

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Good morning Helen,
That is an incredible coinsidence and how sad for your daughter to have to deal with just now in particular.
I do send my deepest condolences to her and you of course Helen, it is so difficult to see your children suffer.
Does she have any half siblings on that side?

I hope you will get through this together and of course she could not have a better person to confide in that you.

Take care.

Love x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Helen - your poor daughter. Reeling must be an understatement - it must be so hard for her.

Take care of both of you.

Love

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Oh Helen, what a dreadful coincidence.

Such news must take some adjusting to. I'm glad you and your daughter are there for each other.

Take care.

Love xx

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
What sad news and so soon after Alan's passing. I'm sure your daughter will appreciate your support Helen - probably you are supporting each other at the moment.
Take care.
love Gill x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I have really appreciated all your responses particularly today as I have been missing Talking Point:( I don't even know how to put it into words properly but I do miss you all. I think Sundays are the worst. I often feel alone on Sundays and it is you all that I miss because you were such a vital part of my life as a carer for Alan. It is so hard to explain how the connection to you all seems to have changed since Alan has gone but my need for connection is still the same. It's not like me to be stuck for words:rolleyes::eek:

Love

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Helen

It is so hard to explain how the connection to you all seems to have changed since Alan has gone but my need for connection is still the same.

Well we would not like the connection to change, you learnt a lot on your journey with Alan, and you are a good teacher for those of us still travelling.

Oh and even you are not so clever that your soul can be healed in the blink of an eye.

Take care lady.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
First Husband's Farewell

My daughter wanted to do something special with me in order for her to mark the farewell to her father. We went to an Indian restaurant and talked the night away and we both loved it. We then released 2 lanterns (100% biodegradable) and here are some pictures.

Mandy re dad's farewell night 29.4.2010.jpg

Mandy (2) re dad's farewell.jpg

Mandy(3) dad's farewell.jpg

Mandy(4) dad's farewell.jpg

Mandy(5) dad's farewell.jpg

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
A lovely photo of Mandy, Helen. :)
Don`t the lanterns look fragile? I`m surprised they didn`t burst into flame before they began to float upwards.

Amber 5

Jan 20, 2009
Berkshire
Dear Helen,
How lovely! Lovely photos and I love those lanterns. What a special night you must have had together. I'm sure you felt sad at times, but hopefully good memories of that night - and Alan wouldn't have been far away!!
love Gill xxx

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Helen, what a beautiful daughter you have, lovely photograph.
How lovely you can support each other so well, dinner was an excellent idea. I love the lanterns, they are so emotional.

Love x

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Helen - Lovely pictures, lovely daughter and lovely idea, having dinner together, just the two of you, to mark her father's passing. "We talked the night away" sounds beautiful to me. An occasion that neither of you will ever forget - and the thought of the lanterns floating away into the night brings a tear to the eye. Magical.

Love, Nan XXX

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Helen, you are truly a special person. You beautiful daughter must be glad you are in her life.xx
I love the sky lantern's Helen, they symoblise so much for me, sending your love to the person you have lost,setting free feeling's and the light of your life.xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACampbell