Heated shawls

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
As my partner seems to feel the cold even weather is moderately warm I have been looking at buying her one but it says in regard to heating method that ‘WIRELESS POWER: USB interface, only need to connect the mobile power can be used.’ To be honest I have no idea what that means so any advice or information would be appreciated.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Dunne elm do some very soft microfibre 'teddy' blnkets, various sizes- far easier and easy to wash& dry, not heated but very cosy though

i'd be worried they would elecrocute themseves, orr burn themselves!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
As my partner seems to feel the cold even weather is moderately warm I have been looking at buying her one but it says in regard to heating method that ‘WIRELESS POWER: USB interface, only need to connect the mobile power can be used.’ To be honest I have no idea what that means so any advice or information would be appreciated.

I think it means power is provided by a USB plug
1659003623959.jpeg
just like on a mobile on charge.
You can connect to mains using
p7_1.jpg

Very badly worded.

Attachments

• 1659003490329.jpeg
    1659003490329.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited by a moderator:

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
I think it means power is provided by a USB plug
View attachment 66285
just like on a mobile on charge.
You can connect to mains using
p7_1.jpg

Very badly worded, probably Chinglish.
So it would require being ‘on charge’ and then disconnected for use then recharged like a sort of electric hot water bottle? If so that seems far better than having it plugged in and so seated near a socket, thank you.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
So it would require being ‘on charge’ and then disconnected for use then recharged like a sort of electric hot water bottle? If so that seems far better than having it plugged in and so seated near a socket, thank you.
Only if it has a built in battery, I suspect it has and this is where the 'wireless power' bit comes in.
Some don't have a battery and are for keeping you warm when using laptop with shawl plugged in USB socket on laptop.
Does it say anything about how long charge lasts?

You could use a battery pack to extend life between charges

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Only if it has a built in battery, I suspect it has and this is where the 'wireless power' bit comes in.
Some don't have a battery and are for keeping you warm when using laptop with shawl plugged in USB socket on laptop.
Does it say anything about how long charge lasts?

You could use a battery pack to extend life between charges
2 hour heat retention claimed but reviews vary plus will be shipped from China so far too long to wait. Solution continues and needed as have now got heating full on (living rom only) as she if ‘freezing.’

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You could use a USB powered one without inbuilt battery and use with battery pack.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
How about this :

It has good reviews and is machine washable...
Looks great but I was looking for a heated shawl or similar for when she is in her armchair but not plugged to mains as she would forget to unplug, thank you

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@Agzy
Have a look at
Scroll down for more products.

You could use with

A 10 w shawl takes 2A.
A 1000 mAh battery pack gives 1A for one hour.

With some kind of control shawl will not take full current all the time,
Once she is heated using the shawl and the shawl itself is warm, she may notice when the battery runs out.

The 1A for one hour is perfection and unlikely to be achieved in practise particularly as batteries age from use.

You could also use it plugged into any USB socket if mobility is not required.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandy21