Happy Easter!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Happy Easter everyone!

This time last year I was planning to take dad out on Good Friday and Easter Day. On Good Friday I took him out for a hot cross bun before returning to the care home for another one and a raffle. On Easter day I took dad out to lunch and then we had a stroll down the High Street to admire the longest pleasure pier in the world before returning to the home to enjoy our Easter eggs.

Of course I can't do that this year as dad is no longer here and we are in partial lockdown. However I am not giving to miss out on my Easter treats and I wanted to enjoy them with others I bought three Easter eggs and three packets of hot cross buns plus two lots of cakes. I left two bags at the doors of two neighbours and I will be enjoying my Easter treats with others eventhough we are under different roofs.

Happy Easter everyone

MaNaAk

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
If anyone here is like me spending their first Easter on their own don't get lonely do try and phone friends. Also do not expect to hear from invisibles. I do not know how to send Easter cards on this forum but this thread was intended to be an Easter card.

Once again Happy Easter to everyone here.

MaNaAk

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Happy Easter from us

1586551151404.jpeg

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Oh thankyou Bunpoots! Two Easter bunnies and one of them looks like their posing. We've had quite a few rabbits as pets but now have just the two tortoises and today we were all cutting the grass and one of the tortoises decided to demolish a yellow tulip!

Well this is a surreal time but try to enjoy Easter.

MaNaAk

PS: Try playing the bagpipes at your front door or the comb.

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Happy Easter to you @MaNaAk, enjoy your Easter treats. I am ashamed to say I've almost finished the box of Thorntons chocolates that my mum gave me. Still have 3 eggs from friends and a tin of shortcake biscuits though, and if I get desperate there's a bar of dark cooking chocolate as a last resort.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @WhiteRose,

I baked a few Easter cakes yesterday and I've got chocolate eggs left over to enjoy or to bake a few. I have been out shopping and bought a few more treats.

Enjoy

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Descant recorder (grade 6)
Guitar (strumming)
Harmonica (badly)
Piano (ditto)
Saxophone (the Muppet song)
The comb (when inebriated)

I've also tried and failed at the violin (my daughter plays well) and the bagpipes

As I say you are very talented and it looks like you have inspired your daughter!

MaNaAk

PS: Is there any chance you could play a duet tomorrow?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I'm really very rusty @MaNaAk . I only play with people as hopeless as me...
I get terrible stage fright and the only thing I've managed successfully without freezing was the school choir. That was some years ago! I'd love to say yes but I'm not confident enough. Sorry :confused:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I'm really very rusty @MaNaAk . I only play with people as hopeless as me...
I get terrible stage fright and the only thing I've managed successfully without freezing was the school choir. That was some years ago! I'd love to say yes but I'm not confident enough. Sorry :confused:

Very talented.

MaNaAk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65