Happy birthday

Nameless

Jun 10, 2016
Well I'm now 46, had a wonderful party with all my Friends. I wonder why.... Alzheimers really is bad. I have 5, 10, 15, 20: who knows how many years ahead of me, more or less without a husband. This really sucks. Sorry I'm in a pretty bad mood and am ranting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kijo

Feb 9, 2014
Your rant is understandable; it is an expression of your pain and I can empathize with you. My husband passed at the beginning of April and I turned 56 mid-April. My friends and co-workers spoiled me and lifted my spirits for the day, and I am grateful, but when the day passed I am still left trying to figure out what comes next. How do I pick up the pieces and rebuild my life? I can't even get back to going to the gym yet which I really enjoyed but at the moment have no energy for. Work-home-sleep, that is life at the moment, and sometimes sleep doesn't come easy either.
I too have many years ahead, and still can't quite grasp that he will not be here to share them with me. I knew this time was coming, but you really can't prepare for it.
One day at a time. That is all we can do. Take one day at a time to heal and find our way.
Sending you a hug, and hopes that tomorrow is a little easier on you.

polly148

May 18, 2017
Hi nameless
I've often thought the same thing, 10 + years possibly of living alone stuck in a zone of endless caring for years to come, but then I think "one day at a time" "what will be will be" I can't change a thing, only go with the flow for now and hope I've got support when I need it most

CarerForMum

May 5, 2017
Well I'm now 46, had a wonderful party with all my Friends. I wonder why.... Alzheimers really is bad. I have 5, 10, 15, 20: who knows how many years ahead of me, more or less without a husband. This really sucks. Sorry I'm in a pretty bad mood and am ranting.

Happy birthday.

I celebrated my birthday alone, no cards or wishes. Mum has long since forgotten birthdays/christmas etc. Sounds like you enjoyed the party - so treasure that.

You are entitled to have a moan, this is an awful disease for our loved ones.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Your rant is understandable; it is an expression of your pain and I can empathize with you. My husband passed at the beginning of April and I turned 56 mid-April. My friends and co-workers spoiled me and lifted my spirits for the day, and I am grateful, but when the day passed I am still left trying to figure out what comes next. How do I pick up the pieces and rebuild my life? I can't even get back to going to the gym yet which I really enjoyed but at the moment have no energy for. Work-home-sleep, that is life at the moment, and sometimes sleep doesn't come easy either.
I too have many years ahead, and still can't quite grasp that he will not be here to share them with me. I knew this time was coming, but you really can't prepare for it.
One day at a time. That is all we can do. Take one day at a time to heal and find our way.
Sending you a hug, and hopes that tomorrow is a little easier on you.

I feel very much as you do Kijo - although I'm 10 years older than you!:roll eyes: Mu husband died in July and my first birthday since he died was on 8th May. Like you my friends made my day/week really really special. At the end of the day though we still have our quiet houses and are alone. My husband had 15 years from his diagnosis but it was different when he was at least in the house with me.

It's hard for everyone - no matter what our circumstances are. One day and a time is really the message, whether we still have our husbands or if they've passed on. Wishing you all the best week possible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k8tjane