Goodbye my love

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Thanks for all your kind words, I need a bit of advice have been told that there has to be a coroner's inquest because Chris was under a Dols is this usual.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Thanks for all your kind words, I need a bit of advice have been told that there has to be a coroner's inquest because Chris was under a Dols is this usual.

Yes it is. My husband passed away last March and had aDOLS in place. The coroner is advised as is the law. The coroner supplied an interim death certificate to allow the funeral to take place and a date for the inquest was made by the coroner. Our Son attended the inquest as I had a few days away.

Our son was very impressed with the way he was treated by the coroner, with compassion for the loss of his Dad. He listened to all the details given and was asked did he want to say anything. It was all over in about 20 minutes and the coroner decided that my husband died from aspiration pneumonia and Alzheimer's. He actually went to my our son and shuck his hand and thanked him for attending as many relatives do not. There is nothing terrifying about it, the coroner just wants to know the details of care etc. He will have spoken to any doctors involved and he has to be satisfied that all was as it should be.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Yes it is. My husband passed away last March and had aDOLS in place. The coroner is advised as is the law. The coroner supplied an interim death certificate to allow the funeral to take place and a date for the inquest was made by the coroner. Our Son attended the inquest as I had a few days away.

Our son was very impressed with the way he was treated by the coroner, with compassion for the loss of his Dad. He listened to all the details given and was asked did he want to say anything. It was all over in about 20 minutes and the coroner decided that my husband died from aspiration pneumonia and Alzheimer's. He actually went to our son and shook his hand and thanked him for attending as many relatives do not. There is nothing terrifying about it, the coroner just wants to know the details of care etc. He will have spoken to any doctors involved and he has to be satisfied that all was as it should be.

Thanks Jaymor, that's very reassuring I had a phone call from the coroner's office today but I didn't really take everything she was saying in still a bit dazed.

Last edited by a moderator:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Thanks Jaymor, that's very reassuring I had a phone call from the coroner's office today but I didn't really take everything she was saying in still a bit dazed.

Mum case was sent to the coroner as she had a dolls. The coroners office rang to ask questions and left me their phone number to contact them any time I wanted clarification. Very helpful and supportive. So don't hesitate to ring them to clarify things for you if that's what you want

I was asked if i had any concerns about the way mum was looked after or medically treated. What my thoughts were on why mum passed away

I was then informed about the "process" of the coroners court and that I could either attend or not. In mums case, there were no concerns from us, so I was told that the paperwork would go before the coroner (on a date a week later) and probably be cleared for burial on the same day. This is what happened.

We didn't attend the court but would have had an opportunity to discuss any concerns we had prior to the court time so that a full inquest could be done

Hope that helps clear your memories of the conversation you had

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Mum case was sent to the coroner as she had a dolls. The coroners office rang to ask questions and left me their phone number to contact them any time I wanted clarification. Very helpful and supportive. So don't hesitate to ring them to clarify things for you if that's what you want

I was asked if i had any concerns about the way mum was looked after or medically treated. What my thoughts were on why mum passed away

I was then informed about the "process" of the coroners court and that I could either attend or not. In mums case, there were no concerns from us, so I was told that the paperwork would go before the coroner (on a date a week later) and probably be cleared for burial on the same day. This is what happened.

We didn't attend the court but would have had an opportunity to discuss any concerns we had prior to the court time so that a full inquest could be done

Hope that helps clear your memories of the conversation you had

Thanks 2Jays this helps clarifying what was said. X

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
These are difficult days Sandi, I hope the numbness is affording you a little protection

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I'm so sad to read your news, and totally understand how numb you must be feeling. I too went through the Coroner when Roger passed away; there was no inquest, just a PM, because the results were conclusive.

I found the Coroner's office very caring and helpful; they understood that I didn't want to delay the funeral and did their best to help with that. I had booked a provisional date.

It's a very difficult time, but please just be kind to yourself. You are the one that matters now xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Thinking of you Sandi, and sending love and a hug.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Morning Heike, thanks for the hugs, coming out of the daze, inquest was yesterday cause of death was given as advanced Alzheimer's disease. Coroner's officer was so kind we didn't have to attend.

Awww Sandi, so glad the coroner was kind and you didn't have to attend . We are all thinking of you sweetheart xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point