Good bye to the best Mum in the World

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
Thank you again for all your good wishes.
Mum's journey ended in the early hours of this morning. I am heartbroken, but just grateful that it was mercifully quick.
As I titled my post yesterday, it was the day I had been dreading - however, it was the day I had been preparing for from the day her diagnosis was confirmed.
Mum is finally at peace. Our love goes to all those, both sufferers and carers, still struggling with this awful disease.

X

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
My condolences to you and your family @Toony Oony. I always think there is no one quite like you Mum. Take care of yourself.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
your mum has found peace @Toony Oony
I hope there's comfort for you and peace of mind knowing how you stood by her throughout
be kind to yourself

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Mum's journey ended in the early hours of this morning. I am heartbroken, but just grateful that it was mercifully quick.
As I titled my post yesterday, it was the day I had been dreading - however, it was the day I had been preparing for from the day her diagnosis was confirmed.
Mum is finally at peace. Our love goes to all those, both sufferers and carers, still struggling with this awful disease.

X

So sorry to hear of your loss. My wife passed away 2 weeks ago after 6 years with dementia. She was in a nursing home for the last 4 months and the last 3 months saw a rapid decline. The last 3 weeks were horrendous and final days very traumatic. We all breathed a sigh of relief at the end - devastating but now she is no longer suffering.

My condolences to you and your family and best wishes for getting through the next few weeks.

Phil

Peace lily

Jan 30, 2020
You're mum has found her wings and flying free of this awful disease. Thinking of you at this sad time. Be kind to yourself x

myss

Jan 14, 2018
My condolences to you @Toony Oony. I am pleased to read that you take comfort that the moment was quick. She can alight freely from the awful grip of dementia. All the best to you x

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
So sorry for your loss of your Mum, take care of yourself x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
My sympathies to you and your family. Like yours, my mum was also the best mum in the world. We were both very lucky to have had such wonderful mothers and such glorious memories.

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
Like with my mum, it was a quick ending, which is a mercy. She was out and about up to a month before she passed away, which is incredible given that it says "Advanced dementia and frailty" on her death certificate.Be kind to yourself now. If you need to get it off your chest, come on here. I have found TP a great help, both during my mother's life and after. We are all thinking of you.
X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare