Getting sectioned

Loconnor

Jun 27, 2015
Hi All,

>
> My Grandfather is in the later stages of Alzheimer's and has in the last week become increasingly aggressive. My Grandmother has coped amazingly with him for the past 7 years since his diagnosis, but this last week has been a petrifying nightmare.

Yesterday I called out the community mental health team to assess him as he is very mentally unstable. He will not take his medication, he tried to hit me and held a glass in my face, he is having hallucinations and delusions. I spent 8 hours at my Grandparent's flat as I was too afraid to leave them both, he's a real risk to himself and her. The Dr wanted him sectioned- Crisis team came out with 2 psychiatrists and suddenly there was no bed in the w mids, the nearest bed is Yorkshire!

He has now been prescribed antipsychotics and left in the care of my 88 year old Grandmother until Monday! I am at a loss as to what to do, I haven't slept for days as I'm so worried for their safety. Please help.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
I think you should notify someone that the situation is too risky for both parties. There will be others on here soon who will know who you should contact in an emergency. The police comes to mind

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
Someone on here who was desperate for help told the powers that be - who would not act - that if they didn't do something NOW she would take her relative to A and E and leave him/her there.
Drastic, but it worked - help was miraculously forthcoming. Awful that anyone should have to resort to such lengths, though.

Summerheather

Feb 22, 2015
[SUP][/SUP]

It is utterly disgusting that people are brought to this by those that should be giving them help - Alzheimer's is treated like the poor man's disease, it really bugs me.