1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

2. Hi everyone, Talking Point is back! We’ve updated the software in order to improve security, design, and the way the community works, and introduced some helpful features.

Find out more

Fundraising ideas needed

Discussion in 'Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society' started by flic, Nov 10, 2016.

1. flic

flic Registered User

Nov 10, 2016
    I wanted to raise money for Alzheimer's but I'm stuck for ideas.
    I have these Ideas so far:
    challenges

Eating Real grubs - i have salt & vinegar meal worms and bbq flavoured crickets
    double dare - bit like beanboozled different make & flavours
    chocolate roulette - 5 normal chocolates and one chilli chocolate
    Eat a komodo dragon pepper - I couldn't even do a small slither
    chubby bunny
    walk 1,000 miles using my fitbit to count
    VS challenge - me & my sister are in a justgiving fundraising team
    leekspin - how long can i listen to it before turning it off
    crazy golf VS - team challenge with my sister
    sponsored silence - spend 24hours not talking

I remember instagram hashtag - Get people to donate and hold up a sign or a picture of something they remember... about anything
    Sponsor a mile - members can choose what mile they would like to sponsor from the miles i walked
    Dare us - members can leave us a challenge or a dare or question to answer in return for a donation
    Raffle - online raffle of maybe funko pop punk figures, sweet boxes, pamper things

But I'd like to do something more.

Thank you for your time

2. BR_ANA

BR_ANA Registered User

Jun 27, 2012
    Brazil
    Work 60 hours/week

3. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Host

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    #3 Shedrech, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    hi flic
    it's great that you want to raise money for a such a worthy charity which is clearly close to your own heart
    personally, I always feel uncomfortable about sponsoring things that are just silly to do (my choice of adjective, my opinion)
    maybe you could come up with something directly related to raising awareness of dementia eg get some official leaflets and see how many people you can hand them to and get a comment from (I appreciate this may be seen as creating litter) - or seeing how many shops in your town you can get to put up a poster in the shop window, even for just a week
    maybe a sponsored silence with you sitting in the high street with a laptop and screen asking people who have any link with dementia, even just curiosity, to stop and say a word to you, then create the word Alzheimer's on the screen from lots of smaller versions so you have a visual representation of how many people have spoken to you

of course, I don't know the legal implications of fundraising in public places, so you'd have to check that with the Alzheimer's Society - probably best to get in touch with them anyway, as they may well be able to help you

sorry - I'm not creative, so no really good ideas for you

and I've just realised you may not be an adult, so do make sure you keep yourself safe with anything you do

4. Rozzyj21

Rozzyj21 Registered User

Mar 5, 2017
    Recently did a quiz night. Raised £655 in just over 2 hours and we all had a really fun evening. Held a street party in Aug, which was a bit more hard work, but raised over £1500, so all worthwhile. Both events registered with AS fundraising to keep it all above board.

5. LadyA

LadyA Volunteer Host

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    Well done! That's brilliant. I'm sure a street party must have been a huge undertaking!

6. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    Anything you want to do for AZ charities is fine by me, if I actually understood what any of it was other than eating chocolate and playing crazy golf I'd say go for it.
    Reading things like this make me realise how old I am:(
    K