Fundraising ideas needed

flic

Nov 10, 2016
I wanted to raise money for Alzheimer's but I'm stuck for ideas.
I have these Ideas so far:
challenges

Eating Real grubs - i have salt & vinegar meal worms and bbq flavoured crickets
double dare - bit like beanboozled different make & flavours
chocolate roulette - 5 normal chocolates and one chilli chocolate
Eat a komodo dragon pepper - I couldn't even do a small slither
chubby bunny
walk 1,000 miles using my fitbit to count
VS challenge - me & my sister are in a justgiving fundraising team
leekspin - how long can i listen to it before turning it off
crazy golf VS - team challenge with my sister
sponsored silence - spend 24hours not talking

I remember instagram hashtag - Get people to donate and hold up a sign or a picture of something they remember... about anything
Sponsor a mile - members can choose what mile they would like to sponsor from the miles i walked
Dare us - members can leave us a challenge or a dare or question to answer in return for a donation
Raffle - online raffle of maybe funko pop punk figures, sweet boxes, pamper things

But I'd like to do something more.

Thank you for your time

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi flic
it's great that you want to raise money for a such a worthy charity which is clearly close to your own heart
personally, I always feel uncomfortable about sponsoring things that are just silly to do (my choice of adjective, my opinion)
maybe you could come up with something directly related to raising awareness of dementia eg get some official leaflets and see how many people you can hand them to and get a comment from (I appreciate this may be seen as creating litter) - or seeing how many shops in your town you can get to put up a poster in the shop window, even for just a week
maybe a sponsored silence with you sitting in the high street with a laptop and screen asking people who have any link with dementia, even just curiosity, to stop and say a word to you, then create the word Alzheimer's on the screen from lots of smaller versions so you have a visual representation of how many people have spoken to you

of course, I don't know the legal implications of fundraising in public places, so you'd have to check that with the Alzheimer's Society - probably best to get in touch with them anyway, as they may well be able to help you

sorry - I'm not creative, so no really good ideas for you

and I've just realised you may not be an adult, so do make sure you keep yourself safe with anything you do

Last edited:

Rozzyj21

Mar 5, 2017
Recently did a quiz night. Raised £655 in just over 2 hours and we all had a really fun evening. Held a street party in Aug, which was a bit more hard work, but raised over £1500, so all worthwhile. Both events registered with AS fundraising to keep it all above board.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Recently did a quiz night. Raised £655 in just over 2 hours and we all had a really fun evening. Held a street party in Aug, which was a bit more hard work, but raised over £1500, so all worthwhile. Both events registered with AS fundraising to keep it all above board.
Well done! That's brilliant. I'm sure a street party must have been a huge undertaking!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Eating Real grubs - i have salt & vinegar meal worms and bbq flavoured crickets - Revolting
double dare - bit like beanboozled different make & flavours - no idea what that means
chocolate roulette - 5 normal chocolates and one chilli chocolate - sponsor me to eat chocolate
Eat a komodo dragon pepper - I couldn't even do a small slither - no idea what that means either or if slither means like a snake or sliver which is a thin slice
chubby bunny - and even less idea what that means, force feed a rabbit
walk 1,000 miles using my fitbit to count - or a sponsored walk as we call it
VS challenge - me & my sister are in a justgiving fundraising team - another blank from me
leekspin - how long can i listen to it before turning it off - or pirouette peeing, is that right?
crazy golf VS - team challenge with my sister - nice day out
sponsored silence - spend 24hours not talking - I did 48 hours silence last weekend, just something you learn to do when you live alone

Anything you want to do for AZ charities is fine by me, if I actually understood what any of it was other than eating chocolate and playing crazy golf I'd say go for it.
Reading things like this make me realise how old I am:(
K