Free online courses: caring for a loved one and yourself

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Hi everyone,

Researchers at Imperial College London have launched a free programme of Massive Open Online Courses (otherwise known as MOOCs) that aim to support carers of older people to look after their loved ones, as well as their own health.

They are a group of academics, caregiving professionals and industry partners who aim to support and improve the quality of caregiving for older people across Europe.

You can read more and register >here<

If you decide to take part, I hope you find them useful :) If you have any feedback for them, feel free to leave a comment below.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I decided to sign up for one on nutrition, I then had an email saying my email was not valid. I will try again. I see it is open until quite late this year. So I may wait until I finish the Mooc from Tasmania university.
I find learning is a useful tool to me as I cannot go to much of the things that gave food for thought.
Thanks for putting these on.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks for letting me know @AliceA :) Sorry to hear your email wasn't valid. Sounds like these courses might be useful for you, so I hope you're able to access them (and I hope the Tasmania University course is helpful too!)

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Suddenly had a thought. Email came up as predicted text, so I will hand type in. The course is open until the end of the year so I may pause and try and get the Tasmanian Mooc finished first, I am being a bit ambitious!
These do me good, even though they are difficult to fit in.