Free at last

sparkle

Aug 15, 2007
Spain
My Mum finally escaped her AZ cage on May 10th, which must be about 9 yrs now after she was diagnosed but maybe 12yrs since we first realised all was not right with her.
Despite knowing that it would get the better of her in the end, and the fact she had gone before that in character, nothing had prepared me for her not actually being there. I'm not religious, but I do feel she has gone to a better place, and finally has some peace right now.

What I has found really helpful, is that about 2 yrs ago I started to go thru all old photo albums, as my parents have so many. Each time I'd go to their house I would find more, and to see her in the days before the AZ mask shows in them is just magical.

I do feel immensely sad that the clarity of my memory is awful and i have problems recalling specific moments with her, but the aura she had was just one of happiness and love.

I didn't post much on the board as i used to sit here in tears reading thru the stories, too close to home for me, but it is wonderful that those who are able to can find help and support from everyone else affected by this terrible thing.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sparkle

I am sorry for your loss Sparkle but,like you, feel your mum is now in a better place free from suffering. Having the photographs must be like finding treasure. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Love

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
I'm not religious, but I do feel she has gone to a better place, and finally has some peace right now.

Such a sad time for you. Hang on to your thoughts, quoted above.
Sincere condolances at theis time.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Sparkle,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and your mum's release. As you say, she has escaped her cage and can soar off to a better place. It is you who is left behind to carry the grief.

Sincere condolences

Vonny xxx

living in hope

Dec 14, 2008
yorkshire
Hi Sparkle
Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, I am sure it is hard even though you had already lost part of her through this terrible illness. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Love
Lorraine

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear sparkle

Sorry to hear that you have lost your mum.

As you say, she is now free from this awful disease, and is at peace. You are left with a huge gap in your life though.

I'm sure you treasure those photos. They will be a source of comfort to you in the years to come, as you remember your mum as she was.

Love,

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Dear Sparkle

I am very sorry to hear about your mum, but please accept our sincere condolences.

Very Best Wishes

Ken

Starshine

May 19, 2009
Seaside
sincere sympathy

Hi Sparkle
Your post made me feel so sad, it must be so hard for you, like you I lost Mum a short time ago, like you found it hard to post on TP AND like you am finding such comfort in all the photos, we have horded hundreds too. Unlike you Mum had not suffered for anywhere near the time you have been suffering with your Mum, it must be doubly hard, and I am so sorry, BUT she is out of suffering now like my Mum, its such a heartrending illness, keep trying to remember the good times, like your Mum would have wanted you to, this illness is tearing so many people to pieces, and TP is such a huge huge help - even if we don't post, I am finding myself replying to more now, as I just sit not knowing what to do, and just sit with tears reading the posts of others still suffering. You take care of yourself. Mum is still around when you need her to be.
Kind thoughts Starshine x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I am so sorry to hear about your mother.

I don't know whether it's of any comfort, but I found in the time after my mother's death I regained more and more of the pre-illness memories, until now, I mostly remember her in the many years when she wasn't ill, rather than the years that she was.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sparkle:

I cannot only add mine to the many sympathies expressed here. I hope you continue to find comfort with TP even during this very sad time for you.

Love Jan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch