found a more suitable home for repite care for dad

sammie

Aug 2, 2007
west yorkshire
hi everyone

i am pleased to report that we have looked at another home for my father it is much more suitable for him:) my mum is pleased and is willing to give respite another go. the staff were lovelly and fully trained in all matters relating to alzheimers even trained in dealing with dads colostomy bag why i wonder was this place not made available to us in the first place but hey we got there in the end. he will be going in for a week in october as mum is going away again fingers crossed she wont have to come ho9me early again:eek:

he is at the moment very excited because myself and my husband are taking him on a cruise in sept something he has always wanted to do and i feel now is the right time to take him and spend quality time together for myself and dad

will keep you posted on events

and thanks again for all the support i recieved from this forum. i sometimes struggle to provide input for others on here its just that i dont really know what to say or suggest as i am just starting on this terrible journey hopefully given time i will be able to provide support to others

sammie:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done sammie, I`m so pleased you`ve found a different home for your dad for respite.

It`s lovely that you and your husband are taking him on a cruise, I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi sammie,
So pleased everything is looking so positive. Great news mum is willing to give respite another go, I hope that she gets to enjoy her week. I am happy that your dad is looking forward to his cruise and I hope you all have a memorable time and one to cherish. In time I'm sure that you will feel confident enough to give support, in the mean time your not to worry about that. I think it's wonderful that your supporting your parents Take care. Taffy.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
pleased to read that your mother giving it another go so she can go in October for her trip to the orient express, and that social worker found a more suitable home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch