Flying icecream


Registered User
Jul 13, 2005
Although this thread has been highjacked a bit, I would like to say that I suppose I am lucky, because even when the cow side of me takes over, the snapping bit makes me feel better, and m in law doesn't remember a thing about the exchange five minutes later!!!

I too am puzzled about tenants in common and trust deeds, as when we sold our two houses to move in together, the solicitors and the doctor between them decided that we couldn't have a trust deed as Mary did not have the capacity to understand the implications, even though they decided she could change her will to say her share was a loan to us, voided on her death. She has no formal protection except for our consciences. An EPA was taken at the same time.

If that is the case, how do we stand if she has to go into care?

ALso, since she has no physical effects, how do we stand with attendance allowance? I remember my own nan seeing the DSS doctors for the same allowance for arthritis, and I just know that if you were to ask Mary herself what help she needed, she would say she doesn't need any, it is all down to old age. How would they deal with that?

Canadian Joanne

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I think the annual convention is a great idea. I fully expect to win the swearing competition - since I speak 2 languages (English & French) I have a huge vocabulary to choose from.

Don't know about my throwing ability but I can slam a mean door!!


Registered User
Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Splat88
AS is an illness,as such you Mum should be able to claim AA,there does not have too be a physical illness.
Check with the CAB,they know all the answers for form filling.
Hope this helps

Staff online

Forum statistics

Latest member