First thoughts on visiting my wife in residential care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekker

Jun 18, 2019
London
Hi @Wifenotcarer i imagine my OH would be like this. He is paranoid about me having another man. If I go out for a short walk with the walking group I get a tirade if abuse on my return. I have a support worker taking him out on Friday afternoon for the first time this week and he thinks it’s so I can go out with other men!

I really need a break but he has got worse in the last 3 weeks so now I’m thinking of permanent care. Just don’t know how to go about it he will be self funding .

He doesn’t watch TV much anymore is not interested in anything never reads the paper. Sleeps 18 hours out of 24 and his appetite has dwindled. He still likes ice cream and trifle . He follows me everywhere. If I go out of the room when he’s sleeping he soon wakes and looks for me! He had been nasty to our daughter aswell as me and also to a relative who had since died. I’m so fed up at the moment.
So sorry, it sounds so difficult. Maybe call the AS advice line for advice about how to proceed with self funding permanent care? X

Guzelle

Aug 27, 2016
Sheffield
Thanks for your replies I am at the end of my tether. I feel I can’t look after him properly I haven’t got the energy and I don’t feel mentally well enough a lot of the time. I’d love a holiday but it’s too hard work the last time we went for a weekend in April I came home exhausted as he needed so much help with everything and was accusing me of all sorts .

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Moderator note.

northumbrian_k has asked for this thread to be closed. The title is no longer appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.