Finally- peace

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
From my earlier post saying how suddenly my brother’s condition accelerated, today he finally passed.
Fortunately I spent the morning with him. His hands became cold, his breathing fast, irregular and noisy. The care home nurses said it probably wouldn’t be long and administered morphine and a sedative. They were so caring and comforting. I don’t think he knew I was there.
He passed later this afternoon some 4 hours later. It was peaceful and so final.
The grief hit me hard immediately, despite knowing this was going to happen. It was a mixture of sorrow and relief that his suffering was over.
Thank you to all on this website for the advice, comforting support and sharing.
I'm so sorry @Brother47.

Hugs

MaNaAk

Sonya1

Nov 26, 2022
Thank you Sonya1. Yes it felt so very final. I'm his sister by the way - which really doesn't matter. I don't know why but I chose my pen name on here to reflect my brother. It seemed right at the time. I think my head was in a confused place. I have lots of memories of my brother which is great and will for sure, be a huge comfort to me. I have to say that his care home were absolutely brilliant in how they dealt with the last week.
ooops sorry! I made an (incorrect) assumption. I'm glad the care home have been a comforting support x