Finally help continued....

sunshine chrissy

Apr 1, 2022
Cheshire
Im sorry to say, that this is the most common outcome. The number of people with dementia who are able to be looked after at home right up to the end are few and far between. Usually, they get to a stage where they need a whole team of people looking after them.

When I wondered whether I would be able to look after my mum with her being in my home it was the way that she was up all night that broke me. The only reason that I am able to continue looking after OH at home is because he sleeps at night. I do feel for you, what you are going through is unsustainable. The first step is acknowledging this.
👍
I’m glad u have some more mental energy @sunshine chrissy

Would your supportive CPN be open to you discussing some respite with her? That’s not a permanent not looking after your husband, it’s just having a few days off….
👍

sunshine chrissy

Apr 1, 2022
Cheshire
👍

👍
I really feel like the time has come for some real outside help,I had a break at my brothers house last night,he lives a fair way away from me,my son took me and came back to stay over with his stepdad,he brought me home this morning and was shocked at how hard it was looking after him for just one night! We're a close family but of course they only see what's going on when they just call in for a brew,it's nothing compared with the 24/7 is it? Now my son and 2 daughters are really worried about me,they all know what the day to day is like,he's told them,I feel relieved if that makes sense,I'm now sat with tears in my eyes,it's all so sad,his life is over and I don't know what to do to help him.I'm going to have to let go of the guilt and sadness and think what's now best for him💔

JaxG

May 15, 2021
I really feel like the time has come for some real outside help,I had a break at my brothers house last night,he lives a fair way away from me,my son took me and came back to stay over with his stepdad,he brought me home this morning and was shocked at how hard it was looking after him for just one night! We're a close family but of course they only see what's going on when they just call in for a brew,it's nothing compared with the 24/7 is it? Now my son and 2 daughters are really worried about me,they all know what the day to day is like,he's told them,I feel relieved if that makes sense,I'm now sat with tears in my eyes,it's all so sad,his life is over and I don't know what to do to help him.I'm going to have to let go of the guilt and sadness and think what's now best for him💔
❤️ Thinking of you xxx

jay6

Jun 25, 2023
Hard decision for you to make. ((hugs))

Pam80

Oct 15, 2022
Somethings got to change and soon!! Even the carer that brought him back from daycare said to me"I don't know how you do this everyday,you need to get him in respite to give yourself a break" I can't believe how quickly it's come to this,I just keep hoping the constant change in meds will work this time but it never does😩I'm lucky that he's a quiet calm man,I could cope better if he'd just be still for a few hours,he was up twice in the night last night,up again at 6am,walking back and to all day long and he's still awake now,shouting down what time is it,can't find my phone etc.Time to admit it's too much isn't it?