Final days

Caring1212

Jul 8, 2013
My mother is in the final stages of Alzhimers and today her syringe driver has been increased to ;
20mg of midazolam
40mg of diomorphene

She has been on half of the above dose from Friday but has been wide awake and very scared and bad hallucinations.

I am hoping the new dose will allow her to go in peace.

Is anyone familiar with the above doses.

Thank you

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
hello careing1212 I remember when my mum was near to passing an McMillan came an administered the same drugs as your mum has an she slept was a little restless but she passed on the 3rd day very peacefully in her sleep. she didn't wake at all. though im not sure what the dose was but McMillan told me it would take 3 days. when I asked why it would take 3days they said they woukd increase the dose daily an they couldn't give large dose on day one as it would be the same as what Harold shipman did an that's not legal. though they said mum would be calm an sleep her last days away an wouldn't be in any pain. Mums passing was very peacefull. hope that's of some help to you,im sorry for your difficult days ahead. thinking of you juniepoonie.

Carara

May 19, 2013
West Mids,Uk
Hi Caring1212

My Mil was fitted today with syringe driver

Just looked at her notes and she`s having

Diamorphine 10mg
Midazolam 10mg

Caring1212

Jul 8, 2013

Thank you.

I am sat holding mums hand. Medication has now started working although she is still
Slightly alert.

GP is coming out again later this morning.

Thank you all for your replys.

Caring1212

Jul 8, 2013
Thank you all

My dear mum, finally and sadly passed away at lunchtime today.

She is no longer suffering with the cruel disease known as Alzhimers.

Thank you for your kind words over the past 4 weeks.

Caring1212

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm glad your mum us at peace now. Wishing you strength for the days to come. x

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Dear Caring, so sorry that you have now lost your mum, but she is finally at peace now, wishing you strength for the future, please do keep "looking in" at TP as and when you need us, support for you and your family will always be here for you.
Hugs - Chris x

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Of course passing is the end of her suffering, but I don't think we can ever prepare ourselves. I am so sorry for your loss xx.

I think the loss to dementia is different because we have already lost them once, now on their passing we have to lose them again.

I am so sorry xx

juniepoonie

Jun 11, 2013
essex
godbless your mum she is safe whole again an with the angels I do feel for you I remember that pain.juniepoonie big big hug x

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mum,
but hope it will be of some comfort to you that she is now at peace and no longer suffering.

Wishing you strength in the coming weeks.

Geum xxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
So sorry to hear of your Mum's passing.Another bright star in the sky tonight.

Take care of yourself and keep posting here whenever you want. We will always support you.

Love from Lyn T

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare