Feeling Numb

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Condolences @WeeDido and to your family.

My lovely wife passed away in January, aged just 69 (diagnosed in 2014), so I know what you are going through.

I hope that , like me, you will get great comfort from all the happy memories of your life together and all that you shared.

Virtual hugs.
Phil

jenniferann

Nov 29, 2020
Sorry to hear also WeeDido. I've just joined and yours is the first message I've read. A lot of people seem to have an elderly parent with dementia - it's not at all the same when it's a spouse. My first husband died of pancreatic cancer so I have some experience of the grief. So I can imagine what you and your family are going through and I wish you all strength.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
I am so sorry @WeeDido to read of your loss, such sad times we are all living with. I am glad you have your daughters so that you can be of some comfort to each other.

WeeDido

Feb 24, 2020
west of scotland
Condolences @WeeDido and to your family.

My lovely wife passed away in January, aged just 69 (diagnosed in 2014), so I know what you are going through.

I hope that , like me, you will get great comfort from all the happy memories of your life together and all that you shared.

Virtual hugs.
Phil
Thanks so much @Philbo sorry for the loss of your wife too. They leave such an emptiness within you. I just break down at the moment, even remembering the best times. you just yearn for that back, although one day, as you say, my most precious memory of our ruby wedding anniversary 2 years ago shared with all our family and friends, will make me smile again. thanks again. x

WeeDido

Feb 24, 2020
west of scotland
Sorry to hear also WeeDido. I've just joined and yours is the first message I've read. A lot of people seem to have an elderly parent with dementia - it's not at all the same when it's a spouse. My first husband died of pancreatic cancer so I have some experience of the grief. So I can imagine what you and your family are going through and I wish you all strength.
Hello @jenniferann I was a carer for my husband for 9 years since he had a brain stem stroke aged 62 in 2011 . He was diagnosed with vascular dementia only in march last year. God, I'm totally lost now. It's the silence in the house thats just killing me, from having 8 carers coming and going each day to nothing. I can't even describe it! I'm grateful I have our lovely collie to keep me going. I'm going to miss my OH so much? I'm only 62 years young and as my daughters have said to me - allow myself time to grieve and slowly heal from this deep sorrow. Perhaps sometime next year I'll take up some volunteering. You're guaranteed such great support and understanding from all on this DTP forum. Thanks for replying and wishing you the best WeeDido x

WeeDido

Feb 24, 2020
west of scotland
I am so sorry @WeeDido to read of your loss, such sad times we are all living with. I am glad you have your daughters so that you can be of some comfort to each other.
Oh Thank you @Wildflowerlady very tragic times in deed. I'm finding great comfort in my daughters, without them I would just crumble, also our 3 wee gorgeous grandchildren who'll help me to find the joy and laughter again. xx