Feeling lost

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
My husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s things were going ok but he passed out & knocked himself out since then things have really progressed He has had a 24 hour monitor put on for 7 days he keeps taking it off & gets argumentative when I say he shouldn’t He needs to get results as he has a low heart rate & this will decide if he can go on Donepezil He has upset me so much the last few days I’ve done nothing but cry I’ve tried so hard to keep things altogether but feel totally lost since the diagnosis no one has asked how he feels about things or how I am coping I am a diabetic & I know I’m not looking after myself I also have mobility issues I’ve had one knee replacement but need the other on replaced & my hip but I can’t even think about having them done when my husband needs me to be with him Im feeling so depressed I just want some help where can I turn to

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
My husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s things were going ok but he passed out & knocked himself out since then things have really progressed He has had a 24 hour monitor put on for 7 days he keeps taking it off & gets argumentative when I say he shouldn’t He needs to get results as he has a low heart rate & this will decide if he can go on Donepezil He has upset me so much the last few days I’ve done nothing but cry I’ve tried so hard to keep things altogether but feel totally lost since the diagnosis no one has asked how he feels about things or how I am coping I am a diabetic & I know I’m not looking after myself I also have mobility issues I’ve had one knee replacement but need the other on replaced & my hip but I can’t even think about having them done when my husband needs me to be with him Im feeling so depressed I just want some help where can I turn to
i would contact the person who is monitoring the bp to explain the difficulties. they may do something different or decide to stop it altogether. i would also talk to your doctor telling him how you feel and diabetes. i assume you test your blood sugars. i have diabetes as well, type 2 but am i insulin. im lucky in that the diabetic nurse works around my caring so we have swapped times to test and injecting.

Sue741215

Oct 18, 2019
So sorry to hear of your difficulties @Bevhar. I think you should arrange an appointment with your GP (for yourself not your husband initially) in view of your physical difficulties and depression and be honest about how you are getting overwhelmed. Hopefully they will support you in getting some help and also perhaps offer an alternative to the 24 hour monitor - larger practices have specific dementia trained staff members (probably nurses) so you could ask about these too. They should also know about any local dementia support groups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdickson3012