Feeling heart broken 💔

Dee holland

Apr 12, 2024
My mother had a stroke a year ago, and was then diagnosed with mixed dementia, to see my mum like this is heart breaking 💔

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh it`s dreadful isn’t it @Dee holland Everyone’s worst nightmare

I hope you will find support and comfort on the forum from all of us who sadly have personal experiences of living with dementia in the family.

There is nothing in the world to make it easier but hopefully a place to share with those who understand will help in some small way

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome from me also @Dee holland to this friendly and supportive forum. I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to read about your Mum. It is so cruel to witness a loved one slowly deteriorate in front of you. There's nothing I can say to make that any easier. I had the same with my dear Mum.
This is a great place for useful information, good suggestions and simply sometimes a listening ear. It is the world of dementia that somehow brings us all together here, and people really do want to help.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hello and welcome from me too.
My wife got early onset Alzheimer's something over 10 years ago, I've been on this site for that long...doesn't time fly when you're having fun.
Mum after an incident was diagnosed with a mild cognitive impairment, hospital said a care home, brought her home with me and had my own little care home for the women a man cares about most in the world.
Both have now passed away and it is hard living alone, so I got a job.
Caring is hard, getting over it can be hard too so if I say thank you for caring, I hope that will help in some small way. K