End of life

Kingsbridge

Dec 8, 2019
Haven't posted for a long time mum has nearly come to the end of this cruel disease she is now end of life no fluids for ten days now and this is heartbreaking o wish she would sleep peacefully end of life medications have been given but no syringe driver yet

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I am sorry to hear this @Kingsbridge. People with dementia seem to cling to life and go on for far longer than you would believe possible. My mum went 17 days with no food or fluid (but not many go that long) and only needed the syringe driver for the last three days.

This limbo land is emotionally hard. Please look after yourself and remember to eat and sleep
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Kingsbridge

Dec 8, 2019
Thank u canary district nurse talking about putting a syringe driver in tomorrow mum quite agitated and in pain she has had injections today but the relief isn't lasting long

Kingsbridge

Dec 8, 2019
Mum passed away earlier today after a long battle with vascular dementia I want to thank everyone who has posted on this forum without u we couldn't have coped knowing we wasn't alone

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’m so sorry to read your news @Kingsbridge. I’m glad your mum is now at peace. Wishing you strength for the days and weeks to come.

Peace lily

Jan 30, 2020
Sending you my sincerest condolences @Kingsbridge. You're mum is finally at peace. My dad died on 2nd January. Three weeks on I still feels unreal. Take good care of yourself x

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I am sorry for your loss Knightsbridge, but glad that your mums struggle is now over and she is at peace
Please be gentle with yourself now
xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lotts