End for mother in law

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
Well MIL went into her home 6 weeks ago, was put into end of life care last week and passed away within 24 hours . So end of an era. Thanks for the advice from this forum over the last few weeks regarding getting a care home. It's been a steep learning curve.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
So sorry to hear of the passing of your MIL. Having followed your posts, I was surprised to see this post, seems so quick.

You did very well in difficult circumstances enabling MIL to stay in her own home for so long.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. Sending you my condolences and wishing you strength.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
So sorry to hear perhaps a blessing for your MIL that end of life happened fairly quickly once inevitable. My thoughts are with you and your OH

ianrut

Jun 9, 2017
tunbridge wells
Well MIL went into her home 6 weeks ago, was put into end of life care last week and passed away within 24 hours . So end of an era. Thanks for the advice from this forum over the last few weeks regarding getting a care home. It's been a steep learning curve.
How did they decide on " end of life care" My Mary has been helpless for weeks but they will not help her on her way despite a living will (2004) requesting not to be kept alive artificially
ianrut

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
How did they decide on " end of life care" My Mary has been helpless for weeks but they will not help her on her way despite a living will (2004) requesting not to be kept alive artificially
ianrut
The GP was called in who clearly knew what was happening . She made the decision to withdraw medication. My husband and I had already had a discussion with her GP and the home about what would happen if the doctor decided she was deteriorating. We had DNR in place already and POA for health and welfare which was why the GP discussed this situation with my husband. The GP had also decided MIL had no capacity plus she was 93 and very frail.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
ianrut

They wont help her on her way! There comes a point that they wont treat an infection and that will end her life but they wont actually hasten the end