Emotions

peanutbrain

Mar 28, 2024
My partner's dad is receiving end of life care in his care home. It is so sad seeing him in pain. He won't eat or drink or take his medication. He says has had enough and wants to die.
He is 102 years old and has had a very happy life. My partner, his son is not coping well and will not go and see his dad. So l am taking the support role over.

I am finding it very emotional and it brings back memories of the loss of my daughter 3 years ago. I am working hard at finding the strength to keep it all together and support everyone.

Wish me luck.
Jackie.x

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
All I can do is send my very best wishes to you Jackie. I’m so sorry that you’re all having to go through this. Your partner’s father has at least taken all the control he has left to him, but that doesn’t make it any easier x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @peanutbrain.

I’m so sorry to hear about your partner’s dad. It must be really hard for you taking over the support role and no doubt also supporting your partner. With the loss of your daughter as well you must be feeling weighed down with sadness.

I’m glad you’ve found this forum. It will be somewhere for you to come to if you need support. There will always be someone here to listen.

Senojcin

Mar 27, 2024
My partner's dad is receiving end of life care in his care home. It is so sad seeing him in pain. He won't eat or drink or take his medication. He says has had enough and wants to die.
He is 102 years old and has had a very happy life. My partner, his son is not coping well and will not go and see his dad. So l am taking the support role over.

I am finding it very emotional and it brings back memories of the loss of my daughter 3 years ago. I am working hard at finding the strength to keep it all together and support everyone.

Wish me luck.
Jackie.x
So sorry to hear about your situation Jackie, I wish you good luck and strength, I'm new to this forum also but from what I have seen so far, I am sure you will receive a great deal of support. X

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
Hello @peanutbrain well I think you have a very well developed brain with a big section on compassion and caring! You are doing an amazing job supporting both your partner and his father at this very difficult time, made all the harder with the memories of your daughter. I do hope you, in turn, have support too from friends and family. We are all here with virtual hugs and ready to listen and respond at any time.

Spottydog

Dec 8, 2023
Hello Jackie, you are amazing. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and I hope your father in law finds peace x

Watson1

Sep 4, 2023
peanut when my mother died i did not go see her beforehand i didn't regret it but your partner really need to think of his father and he may wish to see his son one last time he will free them both if he visits. we all support you both in this hard time

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingfisherl