Dressing

Wifey1

Sep 27, 2022
My husband is now wearing his outdoor shoes, big winter coat, wooly hat. We are not going out for an hour, but I cannot convince him to put coat on just before we go out. Dressing is getting to be an issue. He puts day clothes over pyjamas when he gets up, and says I am treating him like a baby when I try to help.

Angela61

Dec 30, 2021
My husband is now wearing his outdoor shoes, big winter coat, wooly hat. We are not going out for an hour, but I cannot convince him to put coat on just before we go out. Dressing is getting to be an issue. He puts day clothes over pyjamas when he gets up, and says I am treating him like a baby when I try to help.
My husband seems to have similar behaviour as regards dressing. He wears layers of clothing as well. He even wears a scarf to bed when it's not even cold. He also wears day clothes to bed and is unresponsive to any requests by me to change into bed clothes at night. I try not to let it get to eventhough it does a lot of the time. It's the Dementia unfortunately :(

Buntie123

Jan 2, 2023
Wirral
My husband seems to have similar behaviour as regards dressing. He wears layers of clothing as well. He even wears a scarf to bed when it's not even cold. He also wears day clothes to bed and is unresponsive to any requests by me to change into bed clothes at night. I try not to let it get to eventhough it does a lot of the time. It's the Dementia unfortunately :(

Wifey1

Sep 27, 2022
But what about when you go out and he has wearing inappropriate clothes????

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Sounds a very sensible attitude Angela. As long as there is no risk to the Person some things are battles not worth having