Dreading Thursday - The Axeman Cometh

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Oh Scarlett. What a relief for you. How great that you did your research otherwise who knows? ?? Hope you get your letter of confirmation soon, am still waiting to hear my finalised figure and hope it's near their calculation.

Sent from my GT-N5110

MrsTerryN

Dec 17, 2012
Congratulations on the result. I have been watching both yours a and LadyA's. Glad to see a positive result

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Firstly, thank you all for your lovely posts of support and congratulations. When I visited John today, I gave the Manager a piece of paper with the name and phone number of the guy who is dealing with his care costs, and I'd also written the words "not sharing" on the paper.

The Manager just nodded her head, and said John had a very disturbed night, so they'd let him sleep, he'd had a bath and was now being dressed. So I went to his room, where one carer was stripping the bed, and the other dressing him, and shortly afterwards the Manager came in and said "we'll be moving this second bed out this week, as it won't be needed". :D

I think it's true that both the homes and the council may ask for top up fees, because it enables them to keep within their budgets, and the Care Home owners are running a business. But though it was hard work, sorting all this out, it means I can afford John's contribution, and won't have to resort to living on bread and scrape!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5