Dreadful weather...long journey

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Well here we are again getting ready for the three and a half to four hour journey to see my Mum in her Care Home and it's raining. It's raining and it's miserable. Not a good start to the day. I'm so lucky my OH is prepared to drive all that way. We'll stay in a Premier Inn tonight and drive back tomorrow after seeing Mum again. We have started to see Mum in the morning of our 2nd day to avoid driving back In the dark. Last time Mum was still in bed at 10am. She does seem to sleep a lot nowadays . Still she is 95 and I suppose that's ok. I know this care home is the right place for Mum but I really really wish It was just round the corner. Sorry for the moan ....just feeling tired and fed up.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
You have my sympathy @Susan11 . I was lucky to get dad in a carehome very close to me. It must be a nightmare having to drive all that way to visit - especially at this time of year. I hope the visit goes well.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My sympathy too @Susan11

I had a friend in Warrington who made fortnightly visits to her mum in a home in the Lake District and it exhausted her.

Susan11

Nov 18, 2018
Thanks Bunpoots and Grannie G. It did rain all the way but Mum was on good form and quite chatty. I put up her Christmas tree and we did Christmas cards. I put her address in the cards so fingers crossed she will get some cards herself. She slipped out of bed during the week but luckily just grazed her arm. Thank goodness. The care home is very good and she has settled. We visit every two weeks. We will visit Mum again in the morning and leave when they have lunch. That way we'll get home just before it goes dark. My daughter, her partner and the new baby are visiting as well as us on Christmas Eve. So our family will be together .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch