Down to the wire

jayjayb

Apr 28, 2006
Kansas City
Hi. I am back:) Hospice is here and thing have taken the last turn. My mother has stopped eating and is curling back into a fetal position. She does not talk and is literally starving herself to death. They tell me it is not painful for her to starve herself........it is painful for me. I will keep my mother is the home until she passes. It is not easy but it is what she wants and what I can do for her.
I still have my Adult day care and the little ladies know something has changed about mom, but their dementia won't let them put their hand on what is going on. I guess that also is a blessing. There are so many different behaviors that this disease takes on. Each person in my daycare has something different going on in their heads. I will probably see them through this too.....God willing.
This journey has not been easy for me but I would not give up one day. The eight years now seem not long enough to have my Mom. I find myself thinking about the times in my youth when I could not wait to be away from home and Mom. That has all changed. There is never enough time with your loved ones. Alzheimer is not only a mental rapist but a thief.
jayjayb
"When you rejoice in your heart despite the hardships
you're facing - that's the alabaster box of praise."

Last edited:

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Jayjayb,
Keep loving, keep rejoicing, that is how we beat the thief.
Thinking of you and your mum,
Helen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5